Linked directly to your credit/debit card, Thanx is the easiest way to automatically earn rewards at your favorite merchants – no plastic cards or check-ins required. Retailers should be able to identify their best customers and those loyalists should be rewarded. With Thanx it’s a truly frictionless experience on both sides.
Our data is our greatest asset; we analyze cross-merchant consumer spending, enabling us to build targeted marketing tools previously only available to the Amazons of the world. With a suite of data-driven retention and engagement products, Thanx enables personalized communication between a merchant and their best customers.
Thanx has a core team of smart, energetic developers experienced in a wide range of web/mobile technologies. We are looking for a strong technical leader who is excited to work at the pace of a startup; you have built and shipped a lot of things and mentored (though not necessarily managed) others. Your full-stack experience building products from the ground up will position you to make good architectural decisions and produce top-notch code – and you will be a hands-on leader in this effort.
While our core product is performing very well, we are just now starting to build our core analytics platform; this is an opportunity to significantly influence what this system looks like. You’ll be building revenue generating products that help our customers (merchants) understand and reach their customers more effectively and measure the results.
- You are a generalist and experienced with MVC architectures like Rails, Django, Spring/Hibernate, etc. Our back-end is entirely Ruby-on-Rails.
- Data excites you. You know how to design a data model and have run into, and surmounted, MySQL’s scaling limits. Experience with HBase/Hadoop a strong plus – but an excitement for working with these data-focused technologies is a must.
- You want to be a role model for our junior (though quite skilled!) developers / help the product team imagine interesting solutions and spot opportunities for feature.
- The challenge of shaping an engineering team and a company in its early stages excites you… as does having a proven product and compelling business model in a massive market! We believe everyone at this stage should have meaningful equity.
You are the best at what you do – selling innovative technology and being laser-focused on customer satisfaction. Perhaps you have experience selling into retailers or you have disrupted an old market with novel software-as-a-service (SaaS) or customer relationship management (CRM) tools. But most importantly you are at your best owning a product and making everyone your customer. Specifically, we are looking for you to:
- Sell, sell, sell! Our product is innovative, unique, and highly-valued by every potential customer we talk to. You will be expected to source high-potential leads, generate excitement and buzz, connect with potential customers over the phone and in person in high volumes, and successfully launch Thanx location-by-location.
- Work directly with the Head of Sales and CEO who will support you one-on-one. There is meaningful opportunity to grow in this role. Strong performance on the job could earn a management role in the sales/business organization… or you could help launch new markets all across the country… or you could become our national account specialist. The options are limitless for a strong performer.
- Get paid for success; compensation model highly customizable and contingent with no ceiling.
When we cold call merchants they return our calls. No one has ever pitched them a complete loyalty suite without any point-of-sale integration. Offline retail is slow to evolve but the timing is right for a shift from expensive installed solutions (with high-integration costs) to a much more nimble service-based model. Think of us as Salesforce.com meets the retail rewards card… only in the trillion dollar commerce market.
Our customers always come first – after all we are a loyalty company. But as we continue to grow, we aren’t able to hang out with them as often as we’d like. You will be the voice, eyes and ears of Thanx. When a new merchant is ready to go live, you will help them make sure the launch is a success. And when consumers want to gush about how much they love us (or provide polite and thoughtful suggestions), you will address their issues and develop product improvements to report back to the team. You will become an expert on retail customer loyalty, take control of our social media presence, play a role in our PR, merchant on-boarding and product strategy, and help us make the office an altogether great place to work (we all chip in on that one)!
- You are exceptionally customer focused and enthusiastic about working with retailers and building a community around a new, exciting brand; previous customer service or operations experience a plus.
- Your written communication is as passionate and fun as your day-to-day personality. People like you.
- This is not the end-goal in your career. You are looking for a company where you can grow, learn and constantly take on new challenges. This position will work directly with the CEO and Head of Product daily.